You need the following.
- 1 fork or spoon for mixing.
- 1 spoon for putting putting flour and sugar in the measuring cup.
- 1 measuring cup.
- 1 spatula.
- 1 medium bowl to hold the dough. Must withstand micro-wave oven.
- 1 cake mold (at least 25 cm large and 5 centimeters deep).
- optionally: a kitchen scale.
You can use a little bit more of flour and butter to butter and flour the cake mold so that the cake does not stick to the mold.
Pre heat the oven at 175°C while you are making the dough.
- If you want to flour and butter the mold, now is a good time to put a little bit of butter in the mold (about a teaspoon).
- Chop the chocolate in small bit and the butter in medium bits in the bowl.
- Put that in the microwave on full power for 60–90 seconds.
- Mix it with the fork so that the dough is homogeneous.
- Add the sugar progressively, mixing with the fork.
- Incorporate the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour progressively, making sure everything is well mixed.
- Now that everything is in the dough, spread the butter in the mold and then sprinkle some flour on the butter coating.
- Pour the dough in the mold, and put the mold in the oven.
- Check the cake status after 27 minutes. It will probably need a couple more minutes.
- Once it’s cooked, tak it out of the oven and llet it rest at least 10 minutes.
- Enjoy !
I use 60% cacao chocolate - 70% works nice too but is a bit strong. ↩
It is simpler than adding rising powder, but in a pinch rising powder works too. ↩
A scale is obviously more precise than a measuring cup, but we’re baking a cake here, so a few grams here or there won’t alter the taste much. ↩
Stick a knife in it(in the middle).
- If the knife comes out with dough, it needs at least 5 more minutes.
- If it is very humid, let it cook for 2–3 more minutes.
- If it is slightly humid, it should be cooked.
- If it is dry, then it was too long in the oven ;). ↩